CastleTroy, Limerick City, Ireland
CastleTroy is a suburb of Limerick City. Located on the eastern side, "Castle Troy" was built in this area about 1216-1272, although its not clear who constructed it. May possibly have been built by Dermot O'Brien during the reign of Henry III. In 1827 , a man by the name of Fitzgerald , made mention of the "ruins of Castle Troy, and the rich plantations of Mr McArthur of Glanomera, on the opposite side of the river." In 1837 a Mr Lewis, wrote of a modern Gazebo near the castle "and not far distant, are the ruins of the ancient church of Killonan or Killowen." By 1840 only the eastern and northern sides of the Castle were in a state of "tolerable preservation", and the other two sides were "nearly destroyed". The Ruins are located near the University Technological Park, (approx 20 mins walk) upstream of River Shannon. The river runs east, alongside the University.
http://irishantiquities.bravehost.com/limerick/castletroy/castletroy.html (More Images of castle.